National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland: Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer
National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland
Permanent full-time position subject to six months’ probation
The National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland wishes to appoint a Chief Executive Officer.
The National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland assists in the development of best practice policies and procedures and practice in child safeguarding and offers advice in this area to all Church authorities, both dioceses and religious organisations. In addition, it provides relevant and extensive training in matters concerned with child safeguarding. In exercising its role, the National Board undertakes Reviews of practice within dioceses and religious congregations. Coimirce is the Company Name for the National Board and it is set up as an independent entity although its funding comes from Church authorities.
Scope of the Role/Key duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the key duties and responsibilities of the role of Chief Executive Officer include:
- Implementing the Board’s vision, objectives, mission and policies;
- Guiding the Board and reporting on progress towards the achievements of its objectives through suitable operational plans;
- Responsible for the management of all operations of the Board’s National Office including staff and financial resources;
- Writing policy, standards and practice guidance for constituent members of the Board;
- Advising the Board on the implications of developments in the area of best practice in child safeguarding and all relevant legal and statutory developments;
- Reviewing safeguarding practice in Dioceses and Religious Orders.
- Representing the Board in various media forums – at local, national and international level;
- Maintaining contacts with all relevant Statutory Bodies and voluntary organisations throughout the island of Ireland in the areas of child safeguarding and child welfare;
- Providing advice on the management of child safeguarding allegations;
€90-100k, commensurate with the candidate’s skills and experience.
For full job description, and further information – please ask for an applicant pack through email@example.com
The successful candidate will be located in the offices of the National Board for Safeguarding Children, New House, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co Kildare.
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter (maximum one page), outlining how your motivation, experience and skills fit the role for the attention of the Chairperson of the National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 4.00 pm on 31st October, 2023